A coastal town of South Africa, the city of Cape Town, deriving it’s name by the ancient marker “Cape of Good Hope” grooves on urban beats.
Unprecedented economic growth has ensured expats galore in the city by Table Bay. The city is noted for several architectural heritage as well as affluent beach culture. Being, a city of cosmopolitan vibes, it has offering for the tech savvy professional as well as a leisure seeking tourist.
Situated by the Atlantic Ocean at the southern most part of the African continent, Cape Town offers a great collection of city life and culture for travel enthusiasts. It is indeed a dream come true destination for many.
Major Things To Do In Cape Town
- Climb atop Table Mountain to get a bird’s eye view of the city. I personally opine it to be a great way to get introduced with a new place. Come down to grab a hearty breakfast in one of the sprawling cafes in town.
- The day awaits you with a call to spend good time at the beach by the ocean of Atlantic’s warm water.
- Drive through the Chapman’s peak to glimpse through a panoramic view of the city.
- Head to Cape Malay Bo Kaap for delicious bounty of dinner.
- You may choose a visit to picturesque Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden for a whole day that harbors exquisite flora and fauna of the region.
- My favorite pick is Table Mountain national park through that overlooks Cape of Good Hope. History has it a ship wreck in the area inspired sailors of past circumnavigate the African continent, opening a new arena of business for different parts of the world. Add to that Table Mountain hosts different species of exquisite birds, including endangered African Penguins in the famed Boulders Beach.
- Go to Oudekraal Beach to get the best view of sunrise from the continent.
- Hike up the mountains or national parks to observe wild life in abundance!
- Stand in front of gigantic Mostert’s wheel mill which is a heritage point of the city, standing witness to the days of yore.
The Perfect Meal In The City
For great sea food platter look no further but Lemon Butta while a meat-lover’s preferred destination will be Hussar Grill, specializing in steaks and extensive wine least.
If your soul craves Indian spices, go to The Indian Chapter, a family run joint for years.
Stephenies Place, Codfather & Open Door will surely feature in the least of sea food variety.
The Hungry Herbivore and Lolas Cafe will surely satiate a vegan’s craving for good food.
May I take a chance to remind you this is just a marked up and not exhaustive list. Cape Town alleys have amazing eateries springing up everywhere, every day literary.
Know This Before Visiting Cape Town
- The multicultural vibe of the city, bejeweled with the glamour of diamond trade and expats from around the globe make the city thriving fullest to the tune of a vibrant life. History here blends seamlessly with modern technology. Cape Town Minstrel Festival is an extravaganza of music to celebrate the end of slave emancipation and quintessentially one of a kind in organic grandeur.
- The traffic along with the crowd of overwhelming tourism pressure often threatens natural bio diversity of the region. Good part is a lot of initiative is in progress to curb the effect and promote sustainable tourism.
- Cape Town stands proudly by the queer community by hosting the largest dress-to-theme costume party in South Africa, the Mother City Queer Project (MCQP). This is the biggest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) annual events on the African continent.
A perfect blend of history, culture, wild life and exotic life style, Cape Town undoubtedly stands atop the choice of enthusiastic travelers with an array of experience lined up.